Saturday 6 July 2013

I try to make friends everywhere


I'm a pretty shy person. I used to be a lot worse when I was younger, but I'm still pretty darn shy. Here's the strange part - I really like making new friends. Whenever I go out somewhere, I try to start a conversation with someone I like the look of. Well. I try. Some of the time I'll chicken out, especially if I'm with someone. I'm much more likely to go and talk to someone I don't know if I'm by myself. I don't know why that is, you think it'd be the other way round. Occasionally if I'm really bored and in need of friends I'll jump on Omegle and try talk to people. Haven't really had a lot of success stories with that.. generally there are only creeps on there. I did meet two girls on there who I'm really close with now though. I feel like making new friends is sort of like falling in love. Okay. It's nothing like it really, but I like the idea of meeting and getting to know this whole new person that you've never even heard of before. It's exciting.
Okay, here's the contradiction: I love being by myself. It's one of my favourite things to do, just chill at home by myself, or go out by myself. I like it when it's quiet. I like having time to think, without someone interrupting me but I love being around people because you don't have to think. Sometimes it's nice not to think about everything. Does that make me like an oxymoron? Introvert but extrovert? Hey hey speaking of introverts and extroverts, do any of my fellow Aussie readers remember Luke O'Dell's song 'Introvert Extrovert'? He sung it on the X factor in 2011 and dear god it was hilarious, but the worst part was that it was actually a pretty catchy little tune. Give it a listen here, cause it's too good to miss ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment