Thursday 4 July 2013

Flashback Friday: Malaysia 2012.

Kuching
Last year I went to  Malaysia with a school group. We were combined with another school, I made some pretty great friends. We went to Kuala Lumpar, Kuching and Sarawak. We stayed in some fancy motels, and a longhouse (not fancy) Pretty sure I have a journal talking about what we did everyday, but I can't find it to save my life. It was a pretty funny trip. Every morning we'd have a vote for who would get the 'kurang pandai' which loosely translates to 'less than clever' in English. If you won you had to wear this awfully ugly necklace. So if you saw someone doing something ridiculously silly you'd write it down and vote for them the next morning and the person with the most votes or who'd done the silliest thing would win. Of course, I 'won' it on the first day.  To be fair, it was a 9 hour flight to Kuching, in the middle of the night and I didn't sleep the whole time. The story goes; at the motel we were staying at, there were these cups and I was thirsty so I went to pour some water into the cup, however I hadn't noticed that the cup had a clear lid plastic cover thingy on it. And so, as you can imagine the water went e-v-e-r-y-w-h-e-r-e. It was pretty messy. My best friend (who I was sharing a room with) and I laughed about it for ages, and then I decided to tell one of my other friends and 'demonstrate' how I'd done it. He thought it was hilarious, of course, but I made him promise not to dob me in for kurang pandai. However, the next morning I was awarded the kurang pandai for the day. We managed to break it within the first few hours of me wearing it. Typical. There were so many funny moments like that. Oh, highlight of the trip! Our bus broke down in the middle of no where, we had to sit on the floor of some other bus for about an hour, and when we finally got to civilization, our teachers informed us that, yes, we were still going to the pepper farm. We REALLY wanted to know how they grow and package pepper at that stage. Not. Then, nearly everyone got this awful stomach bug. I threw up on the plane. Yay. This one day in Kuching there was this creepy old guy who tried to talk to me and a few of my friends. He was all like 'I have a boat ;)' and I was like 'Oh cool!'(Forever a smartass) and we ran away. He followed us. I can safely say, none of us had ever been so pleased to see our teachers. We pretty much all thought we were going to get kidnapped and sold as sex slaves. Overall, it was the best experience, I wouldn't change it for the world. It might just be the definition of adventure. 
Best of the best.


 Monkeys are freakin' scary.
















No comments:

Post a Comment